Sunday, October 14, 2012

And they asked, heyayayayay, heyayay, what's goin' on?

    We get this question every time some one calls. I always feel guilty because my answer is never very interesting. School. That's it. No really. It's not that I don't want to talk or that I'm trying to dodge more in-depth conversation. That is really all we do for the most part. We go to school. We come home.We read stuff. We write about the stuff we read. We go back to school. We talk about the stuff we read. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's not very exciting. But I feel obligated to let all of you know that we are alive and well. And I thought long and hard about some at least semi-interesting things I could post about. So here you go:

1. We went to a concert. On of the radio stations here put on an outdoor one day music fest at the Padre's stadium. It was a hodge-podge of bands, but we got to see All That Remains, Corey Taylor, and the Offspring. It was a good show and we had a lot of fun. 

2. Our garden is doing fairly well. My beans, tomatoes, and zucchini are doing awesome. The eggplant, brusselsprouts, chives, cauliflower, spinach, and carrots are coming along as well. We'll see if the cooler weather helps them out at all.


3. We put in a mini cactus bed in the front yard. So far my bird of paradise bush isn't doing too hot. I hope it's just getting used to its new home and not completely dying. 

4. They are opening a Camp Bow Wow in Tucson. For those of you unaware of Fender's affinity for the doggie day-care chain, this is a huge blessing in terms of having somewhere to store our 150lb. Great Dane when we go out of town.

5. We booked our flights for Christmas. We will be in Memphis from Dec. 19th- 28th. 

6. We bought some rugs (can you tell how desperate I am for interesting information?). We got a nice big area rug in the living room and some smaller ones around the house. 

Of course now morning naps are a battle for the sunny spot on the office rug.

7. I'm teaching three yoga classes a week at the studio I work at, which is a nice distraction as well as extra cash in my pocket. 

8. We decorated for Halloween. Our neighbors seem to be into it, so we figured we would join in a put a few things up. I'm not sure what the trick-or-treater volume is like, but we plan on passing out candy and chilling at the house this year. 

9.   And we finally made it up to Mt. Lemmon for some hiking around. 




So that's it. That is all that you have been missing out on. I told you, we just don't do much. Occassionally we try a new restaurant or go the park or something. But for the most part, our lives revolve around school. 

1 comment:

  1. I love these posts, they are so fun to read.
    Love You :)

    ReplyDelete